Each year, CLA recognizes members and worker’s compensation group participants who have an outstanding safety record with the Safe Farm Award. The Colorado Livestock Association Safe Farm Awards were presented at the 2021 CLA Annual Meeting in Greeley, Colorado on June 3, 2021.
2020 Safe Farm Award Recipients
Wickstrom Inc, Orchard
Christensen Brothers, Inc, Weldona
McClary Farms, Inc, Sedgwick
Dvorak Feeders, Inc, Burlington
Penny Family Farms, Burlington
Bamford Feedyard, Haxtun
The Safe Farm Award recipients were chosen based on several factors.
The 2020 Safe Farm Award recipients were chosen based on several factors. The criteria includes:
- member of the CLA work comp group for two years
- an active cost containment certification
- two years of a loss ratio less than 25%
- average 2 days or less to report claims to Pinnacol
- meets their designated medical provider requirements
Since 2001, the Colorado Livestock Association’s Safety Group Program has paid out over $1.6 million in Safety Group Dividends to its policyholders. For the past two years the CLA Safety Group Program has achieved a Safety Group Dividend for its Safety Group Policyholders.
The CLA Safety Group Program has been in place since 2001 and benefits its members by:
- Reducing Worker’s Compensation Premiums by promoting Safety and Claims Management in the Workplace
- Providing an upfront 4% discount on your Worker’s Compensation Premium
- Offering CLA Safety Group Policyholders the eligibility for a Safety Group Dividend, which is evaluated based on the overall performance of the CLA Safety Group and individual policyholders
- Improving Risk Management and Loss Control
- Aligning Industry Specific Safety Trainings and Materials
- Providing Individualized Service from the CLA Safety Group Pinnacol Service Team
Please call the CLA office at 970-378-0500, if you are interested in joining the CLA Safety group, or if you have questions about your safety program.