Pinnacol Assurance, Colorado’s leading workers’ compensation insurer, is recognizing the recipients of the company’s eighth annual Circle of Safety Awards this month including the Colorado Livestock Association. Approximately 40 policyholders from across the state are being honored for their exemplary performance in safety, loss control, and financial and claims management.
“Less than one percent of Pinnacol’s 55,000 policyholders meet the criteria for this award,” said Phil Kalin, Pinnacol’s president and CEO. “The recipients are an elite group whose commitment to safety and sound risk management practices qualify for this honor. We are proud to recognize them and their employees for their exceptional commitment to safety and for setting an example for other Colorado companies to follow.”
The Circle of Safety Award recognizes that exceptional risk management is the result of a circle of many people working together. From top management and frontline employees to Pinnacol representatives and the policyholders’ agents, everyone has a hand in making Colorado workplaces safer. These Circle of Safety winners who embrace risk management are positively impacting Colorado’s economy and saving lives.
Pinnacol policyholders were eligible to receive the Circle of Safety Award if they met the following criteria:
- Pinnacol policyholder for at least four years
- .85 or less Experience Modification Rating each policy period
- Combined four-year loss ratio of 25 percent or less
- 80 percent or more of all claims reported within 48 hours (combined four-year history)
- Designated providers each year
- Two or less notices of cancellation each year
- No non-compliant audits
- Must currently hold the State of Colorado’s Cost Containment Certification
- No fatalities
- Approved return-to-work program